MSc in ‘Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology’
Recognised, and the degree awarded by University of Mysore
- Early application fee discount (50%):
- Last date for online application:
- Online entrance test:
- Date of interview:
- Joining date:
17 May 2014
04-06 June 2014
01-05 July 2014
02 August 2014
- Applicant should have completed a bachelor’s degree (BTech, BE, BSc, MBBS, BDS, BPharm, BAMS) in any subject of science/technology such computer science, chemistry, pharma, physics, mathematics, statistics, biotechnology, zoology, botany, biochemistry, microbiology, agriculture, medicine, dentistry or veterinary sciences.
- The applicant is required to obtain at least 50% (overall) in his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- There is no age bar for applying.
- For students from India : 500/-
- For NRI/Foreign students: 1000/-
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
- You must also email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after submitting the application form.
- First round of selection is by a simple, multiple choice online entrance test that can be taken from any place (even from your home).
- Second round of selections is via an interview at IBAB.
- Application fee can be paid through cash or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru.
- The application will be processed only on receipt of the application fee.
- All the original certificates should be produced for verification at the time of interview.
- You must apply for a migration certificate at your college immediately after completion of your degree course; it is required to join the IBAB course.
- Foreign students should follow the instructions applicable to NRI candidates.
ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST:
- Applicants have to take the online entrance test. They can take the test from any place with a good computer (yes, even from their homes) provided a good internet connection is available.
- Login and password will be sent to the applicants only on receipt of application fee and through e-mail only (hence, it is essential to email email@example.com after submitting your application).
- Online test will have multiple choice questions of 10+2 science level, from different subjects. Click here for sample question paper.
- Applicants will be asked to first take a TRIAL online test before the final test, to familiarize themselves with the online test
- Duration of the test is for 100 min. There will be no negative marks in the entrance test.
- For any queries regarding the online entrance test, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERVIEW AT IBAB:
- Only candidates who qualify in the Entrance test will be called for an Interview at Bengaluru.
- Candidates are advised to reserve tickets soon after applying to avoid last minute rush.
- Candidates selected for interview should bring with them the original marks sheets, degree certificates and a valid photo ID such as driving license, PAN card, passport or voter’s ID card.
GUIDELINES TO FILL UP THE APPLICATION
- Mark the appropriate option with a tick in the boxes provided.
- Write name and address in block letters. Please leave a space between any two words.
- Candidates should fill in their name as it appears in their degree certificate and avoid abbreviations.
- Write clearly the valid e-mail IDs that you use most often. This is critical to get the login and password to write the online test.
- Only photocopies of mark-sheets starting from 10th standard onwards up to the highest degree obtained are to be enclosed along with the application along with proof of the date of birth.
- Do not send original mark sheets or certificates or any other document.
- Additional supporting document (photocopy only) is to be submitted by NRI/foreign candidates for proof of NRI/foreign status
- Applicants are encouraged to fill up the application form online. They should follow it up by immediately sending the DD for application fee, 2 passport size photos and photocopies of mark sheets by post/courier.
- Applicants who cannot apply online can apply by downloading the application form. Other requirements are as above .
- Make sure the application form is filled in completely and accurately.
- Make sure to attach/send supporting documents.
- Make sure to send application fee by DD/cash.
- Make sure to send two copies of your recent photographs.
- Your application will be processed only on receipt of the application fee.
- Email email@example.com with your application number, requesting user name and password.
Post/courier the application form to the address given below:
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology
Biotech Park, Electronics City, Phase I
Bengaluru – 560100, Karnataka
You can also call us at: 080-285 289 00080-285 289 00/01/02 OR 096118 72946
between 10:00am and 06:00 pm, Monday to Saturday