- “I have successfully finished my internship, from Universite de la Reunion, I am very grateful to you for whatever I am now and thank everyone in IBAB for their unending willingness in making me a good student.”
- “IBAB has played a very crucial role in shaping my career. Thank you for all the insight and encouragement that helped me choose this career path.”
- “IBAB actually helped to transform us into better human beings! We could step out in the world as wiser and confident individuals. The fun filled hostel life and the lifelong friends too are IBAB’s gift to us. I could have expected nothing better.”
- Last date for receiving online applications:
31 May 2017
- Online entrance test:
17-19 April 2017,
01-03 May 2017,
15-17 May 2017,
01-04 June 2017
- Date of interview:
01-02 May 2017,
08-09 May 2017,
15-16 May 2017,
22-23 May 2017,
29-30 May 2017,
05-07 June 2017,
12-14 June 2017,
- Joining date:
17 July 2017
- Make sure the application form is filled in completely and accurately.
- Make sure to attach/send supporting documents.
- Make sure to send application fee by DD/cash/Online (NEFT).
- Make sure to send two copies of your recent photographs.
- Your application will be processed only on receipt of the application fee.
- Email email@example.com with your application number, requesting user name and password.
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology
Biotech Park, Electronics City, Phase I
Bengaluru – 560100, Karnataka
You can also call us at: 080 28528900/01/02 OR 096118 72946 between 10:00am and 06:00 pm, Monday to Saturday
- Dual specialisation degree (Bioinformatics and Biotechnology) in one MSc course
- Biotechnology: genetic engineering, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, fermentation, and downstream processing
- Practical hands-on training in biotechnology (including PCR, micro-array, protein chemistry etc.) and bioinformatics (statistics, C, C++, PERL, JAVA, and R)
- Bioinformatics: omics, next gen sequencing, big data analysis, cheminformatics
- Excellent faculty from industry and academia
- Research project as part of curriculum
- Exciting campus life
- Students who are expected to complete their course by June/early July 2017 are also eligible.
- Applicant should have completed a bachelor’s degree (BTech, BE, BSc, MBBS, BDS, BPharm, BAMS) in any subject of science/technology such computer science, chemistry, pharma, physics, mathematics, statistics, biotechnology, zoology, botany, biochemistry, microbiology, agriculture, medicine, dentistry or veterinary sciences.
- The applicant is required to obtain at least 50% (overall) in his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- There is no age bar for applying.
- Step 1: Apply online
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
- You must also email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after submitting the application form.
- Step 2: Online entrance test
- First round of selection is by a simple, multiple choice online entrance test that can be taken from any place (even from your home).
- Step 3: Interview for short-listed candidates at Bengaluru
- Second round of selections is via an interview at IBAB.
- All the original certificates should be produced for verification at the time of interview.
- Step 4: Fee payment and admission
- All fees can be paid through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. NEFT details are given below.
- You must apply for a migration certificate at your college immediately after completion of your degree course it is required to join the IBAB course.
- Applicants have to take the online entrance test. They can take the test from any place with a good computer (yes, even from their homes) provided a good internet connection is available.
- Login and password will be sent to the applicants only on receipt of application fee and through e-mail only (hence, it is essential to email email@example.com after submitting your application).
- Online test will have multiple choice questions of 10+2 science level, from different subjects. Click here for sample question paper.
- Applicants will be asked to first take a TRIAL online test before the final test, to familiarize themselves with the online test
- Duration of the test is for 100 min. There will be no negative marks in the entrance test.
- For any queries regarding the online entrance test, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students will be short-listed for the interview based on results of online entrance exam.
- Interview at Bengaluru.
- Candidates are advised to reserve tickets soon after applying to avoid last minute rush.
- If selected for interview, bring with them the original marks sheets and degree certificates (temporary exemption may be provided for those who appeared in the final exam in the last couple of months).
- Also bring a valid photo ID such as driving license, PAN card, passport or voter’s ID card.
- During the interviews, family members or friends accompanying the candidate can be put up in either the ladies’ or the gents’ hostel (without charge).
- For students from India : 500/-
- For NRI/Foreign students: 1000/-
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Name of the Account: Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology
- Account No: 036005011787
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Bank : ICICI
- Bank Branch: Electronic City
- IFSC Code : ICIC0000360