This online payment system is provided by the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (hereafter referred to as IBAB), Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. The Institute may update the following terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here. Please ensure that you are aware of the current terms. The country of domicile for IBAB is India.
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions contained herein shall apply to any person (“User”) using the services of the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (referred to as “IBAB” or “Institute” below), Bengaluru, for making payments through an online payment gateway service (“Service”) offered by ICICI Bank and Payment Gateway Service provider, through IBAB’s website – www.ibab.ac.in. Each User is therefore deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
Please be aware, however, that IBAB will release specific personal information about the User if required to do so in the following circumstances:
a) in order to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, statute, or court order, or
b) if any of User’s actions on Institute’s website violate the Terms of Service or any of Institute’s guidelines for specific services, or
c) to protect or defend Institute’s legal rights or property, intellectual capital, the Institute, or the Institute users; or
d) to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the security, integrity of Institute website/offerings.
B. General Terms and Conditions for Online-Payments
1. Once a User has accepted these Terms and Conditions, he/ she may register and avail the Services. A User may register in Students’ Info (Students Gateway) on the Institute website time to time
2. Institute’s rights, obligations, undertakings shall be subject to the laws in force in India, as well as any directives/ procedures of Government of India, and nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be in derogation of Institute’s right to comply with any law enforcement agencies request or requirements relating to any User’s use of the website or information provided to or gathered by the Institute with respect to such use. Each User accepts and agrees that the provision of details of his/ her use of the Website to regulators or police or to any other third party in order to resolve disputes or complaints which relate to the Website shall be at the absolute discretion of the Institute.
3. If any part of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth herein, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
4. These Terms and Conditions constitute the agreement between the User and the Institute. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
5. The entries in the books of the Institute and/or the Payment Service Providers kept in the ordinary course of business of the Institute and/or the Payment Service Providers with regard to transactions covered under these Terms and Conditions and matters therein appearing shall be binding on the User and shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction.
6. Refund for fraudulent/duplicate transaction(s): The User shall directly contact the Institute for any fraudulent transaction(s) on account of misuse of Card/ Bank details by a fraudulent individual/party and such issues shall be suitably addressed by the Institute alone in line with their policies and rules.
However, the User agrees that under no circumstances the Payment Gateway Service Provider shall be held responsible for such fraudulent/duplicate transactions and hence no claims should be raised to Payment Gateway Service Provider No communication received by the Payment Service Provider(s) in this regards shall be entertained by the Payment Service Provider(s).
C. Limitation of Liability
1. The Institute has made this Service available to the User as a matter of convenience. The Institute expressly disclaims any claim or liability arising out of the provision of this Service. The User agrees and acknowledges that he/ she shall be solely responsible for his/ her conduct and that the Institute reserves the right to terminate the rights to use of the Service immediately without giving any prior notice thereof.
2. The Institute and/or the Payment Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall the Institute and/or the Payment Service Providers, its employees, directors, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the Services or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Services.
3. The Institute and the Payment Service Provider(s) assume no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by the User on account of: (a) The delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Payment Gateway or Services in connection thereto; and/or (b) Any interruption or errors in the operation of the Payment Gateway.
4. The User shall indemnify and hold harmless the Payment Service Provider(s) and the Institute and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any claim or demand, or actions arising out of or in connection with the utilization of the Services.
5. The User agrees that the Institute or any of its employees will not be held liable by the User for any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond Institute’s reasonable control.
D. Miscellaneous Conditions:
1. Any waiver of any rights available to the Institute under these Terms and Conditions shall not mean that those rights are automatically waived.
2. The User agrees, understands and confirms that his/ her personal data including without limitation details relating to debit card/ credit card transmitted over the Internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud and that the Institute or the Payment Service Provider(s) have no control over such matters.
3. Although all reasonable care has been taken towards guarding against unauthorized use of any information transmitted by the User, the Institute does not represent or guarantee that the use of the Services provided by/ through it will not result in theft and/or unauthorized use of data over the Internet.
4. The Institute, the Payment Service Provider(s) and its affiliates and associates shall not be liable, at any time, for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on the Website.
E. Debit/Credit Card, Bank Account Details
1. The User agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for use of the aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the User shall not use a debit/ credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. The User further agrees and undertakes to provide correct and valid debit/credit card details.
2. The User may pay his/ her fees to the Institute by using a debit/credit card or through online banking account.
- The User warrants, agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card / bank details:
- The User is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit / debit card, bank account for such transactions;
- The User is responsible to ensure that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate;
- The User is authorizing debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the payment of fees selected by such User along with the applicable Fees.
- The User is responsible to ensure sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the payment of the dues payable or the bill(s) selected by the User inclusive of the applicable Fee.
F. Refund Policy
1. For students: If the student leaves the Institute before he/she completes the Programme, there shall be no entitlement to a refund of any Fees.
2. For students: The only fee that may be refunded is the security deposit. This will be refunded only on successful completion of the course. Any damages to institute property, including in the laboratories, will be deducted before the security deposit is returned.
3. For all users: Assume that any money paid through this portal will not be refunded.
G. Personal Information
1. The User agrees that, to the extent required or permitted by law, the Institute and/ or the Payment Service Provider(s) may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements.
2. The User agrees that any communication sent by the User vide e-mail, shall imply release of information therein/ therewith to the Institute . The User agrees to be contacted via e-mail on such mails initiated by him/ her.
3. In addition to the information already in the possession of the Institute and/ or the Payment Service Provider(s), the Institute may have collected similar information from the User in the past. By entering the
4. The User acknowledges and agrees that his/ her information will be managed in accordance with the laws for the time in force.
H. Payment Gateway Disclaimer
The Service is provided in order to facilitate access to view and pay Student Fees online. The Institute or the Payment Service Provider(s) do not make any representation of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Payment Gateway other than what is specified in the Website for this purpose. By accepting/ agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the User expressly agrees that his/ her use of the aforesaid online payment Service is entirely at own risk and responsibility of the User.