Advertisement for the position of Project Assistant
Applications are invited for the position of Project Assistant in the Synthetic Biology group at IBAB, Bengaluru. The successful candidate will provide research support and manage the maintenance of equipment and laboratory space, including ordering materials and equipment for the faculty. Specialised training will be given in the research project which involves genome manipulation of yeast for production of biomolecules. The position will be available for a period of three years initially and extendable by further two years.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences and Skills:
- Master’s degree (M.Sc. OR equivalent) in Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Genetics or related subjects with at least 60% of marks or 6.50 CGPA from a recognized university.
- Excellent hands-on skills in cloning, expression and purification of proteins.
- Experience in working in a research laboratory and data analyses.
- Good IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages and working with online databases.
- Ability to carry out basic maintenance of general lab equipment’s and resources.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills, ability to maintain accurate records.
- Team player and willingness to learn.
Desirable Experiences and Skills:
- Experience in reporter assays and microscopy.
- Experience of working in a yeast laboratory.
- Experience of working in industry.
Remuneration will be commensurate with expertise and experience
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can send their CV along with a cover letter, giving specific example(s) demonstrating relevant practical expertise and experience to the Registrar, IBAB by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com). Last date for submission of application is 30th June, 2017.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is a unique institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bangalore. IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB has a unique master degree program with dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology and an interdisciplinary PhD program. The institute has strong research programs in various disciplines as evidenced by the publication track record of the Faculty. It has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting edge research. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in