Advertisement for the position of Research Scientist at Bio-IT centre, IBAB
Applications are invited for the position of a Research Scientist in the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) facility of the Bio-IT centre, IBAB, Bengaluru. The successful candidate should have extensive experience in using NGS Illumina platform, including library preparation, sequencing and data processing. The candidate will provide research support, co-ordinate and manage the activities of the NGS facility including training students, faculty and researchers. The position will be available for a period of one year initially and extendable further, based on performance.
- PhD in Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Genetics or related subjects
- Excellent hands-on skills in Next Generation Sequencing including cloning, library preparation, sequencing and data processing.
- Minimum three years of experience in working with Illumina platform
- Good IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages and working with online databases.
- Ability to provide training to students, faculty and researchers
Remuneration will be commensurate with expertise and experience
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can send their CV along with a cover letter, giving specific example(s) demonstrating relevant practical expertise and experience to the Registrar, IBAB by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Last date for submission of application is 30thJune 2017.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is a unique institute established and nurtured by the Department of IT, BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka. IBAB is engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Phase I, Bangalore. IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB has a unique master degree program with dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology and an interdisciplinary PhD program. The institute has strong research programs in various disciplines as evidenced by the publication track record of the Faculty. It has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting edge research. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in