Advertisement for the post of Research Associate
Positions open for the post of Research Associate
Applications are invited for the position of Research Associate in the Synthetic Biology group at IBAB, Bengaluru. The successful candidate will participate in collaborative research projects in the area of protein engineering/enzyme discovery/cheminformatics/structural bioinformatics. Experience in enzyme discovery and metabolic pathway engineering will be an added advantage. The position is available initially for a period of 18 months and is extendable by further two years.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences and Skills:
- PhD degree or in Life Sciences/Biochemistry/Structural Biology or related subjects from a recognized university with a good academic record. Candidates with Masters degree and at least 2 years of industry experience in the above-mentioned areas are also eligible to apply for a project assistant post.
- Good programming skills and competent in data analyses with evidences in terms of publications or web hosted tools.
- Experience in working in a research laboratory or facility.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills, ability to maintain accurate records.
- Team player and willingness to learn.
Desirable Experiences and Skills:
- Experience in wet lab work.
- Experience of working in industry.
Remuneration will be commensurate with expertise and experience, as per DBT and institutional guide lines.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can send a cover letter outlining their motivation and a CV that clearly demonstrates the relevant practical expertise and skills as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date for submission of application is 15th December, 2019.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is a unique institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bangalore. IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB from teaching courses, the institute has strong research programs in various disciplines as evidenced by the publication track record of the Faculty. It has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting edge research. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in