Faculty Position in Computational Biology/Data Science at IBAB
IBAB seeks to appoint a faculty in the area of Computational Biology with a focus on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and Quantitative Genomics for its innovative Masters Programme in Big Data (in) Biology
The applicant should have an inclination to develop research programme in the areas mentioned above with a strong focus on analysing genomic, imaging and clinical data and to develop algorithms and tools for the analysis of such data.
Primary responsibilities include
- Teaching various courses in the new M.Sc. programme in Big Data in Biology including Computer Programming in Python, JAVA, etc., application of AI and ML techniques to biological and clinical data analysis
- Developing strong, extramurally funded and collaborative research programmes in computational biology, genomics, imaging and in AI and machine learning for biological and clinical data
- Active involvement in institutional activities
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology/Genomics/Data Science/Computer Science
- Strong publication record in disciplines related to the position
- Experience in scripting and implementation of algorithms in programming languages including Python, Java, R, etc. and the applications of AI and ML for analysing biological and clinical data
- Experience in the analysis of data from Next Generation Sequencing experiments
- Relevant post doctoral/ industrial experience would be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences
- Evidence of commitment to teaching and training
Remuneration: Remuneration will be commensurate with expertise and experience
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply with their CV (with the names and details of atleast three referees), a cover letter and a brief description of the research programme they would like to initiate at IBAB to the Director, IBAB by email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th June 2022.
Shortlisted candidates would be invited for a teaching session followed by a presentation of their research program and a personal interview.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB)is a unique institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bangalore. IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB offers a distinctive master degree programme with dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology and a PG Diploma in Big Data Biology besides its interdisciplinary PhD and Post Doctoral programmes. An innovative Masters Programme in Big Data (in) Biology is being initiated from the next year. The objective of the programme is to train the students in emerging areas of Genomics, Algorithms and application of AI and ML for the analysis of biological and clinical data. The institute has strong research programs in various disciplines as evidenced by the publication track record of the faculty. It has an excellent infrastructure and an ambience suited for advanced research in the areas mentioned above. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in