Project Assistant (Wet Lab) in NGS Facility, Bio-IT Centre
The Project Assistant will work in the next-generation sequencing (NGS) facility to perform nucleic acid isolations, quality and quantity analyses, NGS library preparations, and maintenance of sequencing related instruments and other related lab equipment. In addition, the candidate is expected to assist in various administrative matters including procurement, maintaining inventory of laboratory consumables etc. The person will have opportunity to get expertise in entire pipeline of NGS. After sufficient training, the person will act as a demonstrator in the workshops conducted by Bio-IT centre.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills
- MSc. or B. Tech. or equivalent degree in Biotechnology or related life sciences discipline.
- Strong aptitude for laboratory work and should be detail-oriented person.
- Hands-on experience in basic molecular biology techniques.
- Prior experience in working in a research laboratory or industry.
- Basic IT skills that include familiarity with Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to carry out basic maintenance of general lab equipments and laboratory resources.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of laboratory work.
- Willingness to learn, and should be a team player.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with NGS technology.
- Experience in preparation of NGS libraries.
- Familiarity with Sanger sequencing technology (capillary electrophoresis based)
Remuneration will commensurate with expertise and experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants fulfilling the criteria may send their detailed CV and a cover letter that explains their suitability for this position, in a single PDF, to Dr. Sreekanth Reddy at email@example.com. Last date for submission of application is 23rd February 2019. Please mention the position applying for in the subject line of the email.