Faculty position in Quantitative biology
The institute is seeking to appoint a faculty member in the area of systems biology /mathematical biology/ computational biology. Preferably the candidate should have a good computing background (mathematics/statistics/physics/engineering etc.) and work experience in the area of modern biology, with a good publication track record. Examples of areas of work include systems biology, mathematical biology and network biology.
The candidate is expected to work independently, build a strong research team, and develop extramurally funded research programmes. The faculty member is also expected to teach in the educational programmes of the institute, including the masters’ degree programme and the big data biology programme. Further, the faculty will work with other colleagues and share institutional responsibilities.
- Ph.D. in a relevant scientific area
- Minimum 3 years of appropriate post-doctoral/industrial experience
- Strong publication record in disciplines related to the position
- Experienced in scripting and implementation of algorithms in programming languages, including C/C++, Python, Java, R etc.
- Experience in the area of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Potential to initiate and sustain a strong externally funded research programme
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences
- Evidence of commitment to teaching and training
This will be commensurate with expertise and experience.
How to apply:
Interested applicants can send their CV along with a cover letter and brief description of research programme they would like to initiate at IBAB to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicants should also send a list of at least three referees including their PhD/post-doctoral supervisors. The last date of application is November 30, 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a presentation of their proposed research programme, followed by a personal interview.
IBAB is a unique institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programmes and is located in Electronic City, Bengaluru. IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB offers a distinctive masters degree programme with dual specialization in bioinformatics and biotechnology, a PG diploma programme in Big data biology, and an interdisciplinary PhD programme. The institute has strong research programmes in various disciplines as evidenced by the publication track record of the Faculty. It has excellent infrastructure and an environment suitable for advanced research. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in