Faculty position in the Synthetic Biology Group
IBAB seeks to appoint a Faculty Scientist in the area of Synthetic Biology. The selected candidate will develop a high quality cross-disciplinary translational research program that is centered around areas of high socio-economic impact such as Food, Fuel, Health or Environment and that establishes new research areas in the field of Synthetic biology with a special focus on industrial biotechnology. This position is funded by a core research grant from the Government of Karnataka.
The faculty is expected to develop strong, extramurally funded and collaborative translational research programs that includes (i) developing tools, technologies and products suitable for licensing, (ii) collaborating with academic and industry experts in the area of synthetic biology, nationally and internationally, (iii) training manpower in synthetic biology approaches/methods through educational and training programs, and (iv) sharing other institutional responsibilities with faculty colleagues.
- Essential Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in a scientific area relevant to synthetic biology. Candidates with expertise in areas such as protein and metabolic engineering, synthetic redesign of metabolism, in silico modelling of metabolic networks, metabolic flux analyses are preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant post-doctoral experience. Industry experience is highly desirable.
- Track record of translational research as evident by publications, patents and successful product development.
- Potential to initiate and sustain strong, externally funded research programs in synthetic biology.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences.
- Evidence of commitment to teaching and training.
Competitive remuneration, commensurate with expertise and experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email (i) Cover letter stating motivation, expertise and relevant experience for this position, as well as planned date of joining, (ii) CV with list of publication, patents and products developed, (iii) proposed research/product development plan (max. 2 pages), and (iv) contact information for 3 referees. All information should be in a single pdf file and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal queries may be addressed to email@example.com. The last date for submission of applications is 15 September 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a presentation, followed by a personal interview at IBAB.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is an autonomous institute funded by the Govt. of Karnataka, and located in a beautiful campus at Electronics City, Bengaluru. The institute’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India, and it is actively engaged in high quality research, education and entrepreneurship programs. The Institute faculty are engaged in interdisciplinary research in areas such as genomics, synthetic biology, cancer biology, computational biology, chemoinformatics and disease biology with an excellent publication record. The Institute has excellent research infrastructure that enables cutting edge research. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in.