Advertisement for the position of Project Assistant
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for the position of Project Assistant/Junior Research Fellow in the Microbial Omics Lab at IBAB, Bengaluru. The successful candidate will work on diverse lab research projects related to microbial genomics and plant microbiome. The position is available for six months initially and extendable up to three years based on performance.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills:
- Master’s Degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology/ Life Sciences or related subjects with at least 60% of marks or 6.50 CGPA from a recognized university.
- Prior knowledge and hands-on skills in using computational tools for analyzing next generation sequencing data.
- Willingness to learn programming languages required for big data analyses.
- Excellent communication skills and team player.
- Good organizational skills and ability to maintain records.
Desirable Experiences and Skills:
- Experience in any programming language such as UNIX, Perl, Python, R, etc.
- Experience in handling omics data (especially but not restricted to next generation sequencing data, NCBI genomes/proteomes, and sequence databases)
Remuneration will be commensurate with expertise and experience.
The position is purely temporary, renewable after every six months and extendable until August 2022 based on satisfactory performance.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can send a cover letter outlining their prior research experiences, relevant skills, and a CV showing your education and research career so far, as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date for submission of application is August 31, 2019.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), based in Electronic City, Bangalore, is a unique institute engaged in education, research, and entrepreneur support programs. The mission of IBAB is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB has a unique master degree program with a dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology and an interdisciplinary Ph.D. program. The institute has strong research programs in various disciplines as evidenced by the publication track of the Faculty. It has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting-edge research. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in.