The MSc programme in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics is a unique dual specialization degree programme that builds competence in both biotechnology and computational biology/ bioinformatics.
The MSc in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics programme is an interdisciplinary programme that positions you at the cutting edge of basic and applied science, in particular in research.
Degree Master of Science in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics | Duration 2 years
Students of this programme are provided extensive training in cell and molecular biology, genome editing, computer science, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics and so on. Right from the start, the faculty ensures that the students get an immersive high quality research experience. They also get several opportunities to meet and interact with high-profile scientists from across the globe. Events such as the annual Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw Lecture series have enabled the visits of Nobel laureates.
UNIQUENESS OF THE MSC IN BIOINFORMATICS AND BIOTECHNOLOGY PROGRAMME
- Dual specialisation degree (Biotechnology and Bioinformatics) in one MSc course
- Biotechnology: genetic engineering, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, fermentation, and downstream processing
- Practical hands-on training in biotechnology (including PCR, micro-array, protein chemistry etc.) and bioinformatics (statistics, C, C++, PERL, JAVA, and R)
- Bioinformatics: omics, next gen sequencing, big data analysis, cheminformatics
- Excellent faculty from industry and academia
- Research project as part of the curriculum
- Exciting campus life
IBAB launched its first educational programme, the Postgraduate Diploma in Bioinformatics in 2002. Since then it has always facilitated its students’ academic or corporate internships and job placements. It has maintained a 95% or higher placement for each batch of students. Details of the student-wise placements of recent outgoing MSc batches are to be found here and of older batches here