Internships are short-term research training programmes, which are highly beneficial for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Many of such students have an interest in undertaking short-term research projects at IBAB. The institute is happy to nurture these students. However due to space and resource constraints, only a limited number of interns can be hosted at a given time.
Further details about this programme are as follows:
Eligibility: Undergraduate and postgraduate students, who wish to carry out projects as part of their course requirements, or otherwise.
Duration: 2–6 months. Longer commitments preferred.
Internship charges: None.
Hostel accommodation: Eligible to stay in the hostel, depending on space availability. There will be hostel charges.
Dining hall: Eligible to use the dining hall. There will be dining hall charges.
Process of applying: The institute accepts applications around the year. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not write to faculty directly, since such applications may not be seen by the selection committee.
Applicants should send a doc file including the following information:
- Email id(s)
- Phone number(s)
- Postal address
- Parent/guardian name, Email id(s), Phone number(s)
- Educational record: For Class X, XII, Bachelors and Masters (if applicable), marks, institution, and year of passing.
- Copy of a government-issued photo ID.
- An essay of 500-1000 words (a) listing faculty you would like to work with, and (b) a statement of your research interests.
- Preferred duration of internship and possible dates
Please note: Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
Confirmation of selection: IBAB will inform selected candidates only.
Experience certificate: IBAB will issue an experience certificate, subject to satisfactory performance during the internship.