Realising the need for data scientists and data engineers to handle the challenges in biological and medical data, the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is pleased to announce the launch of an innovative one – year PG Diploma Programme in ‘Big Data Biology’ in collaboration with the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-B), Bangalore and funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
Degree Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Big Data Biology | Duration 1 year
Recent advances in diverse areas of life sciences such as high-throughput genomics, computational neuroscience, biopharma, medical and cellular imaging have led to the generation of massive data. This poses a huge challenge to researchers to handle such large data sets, analyse and interpret them. The advent of big data has impacted personalised medicine and health care services significantly. Efficient computing platforms and tools, sophisticated measurement technologies, Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence have transformed life sciences and health care, enabling unprecedented interpretation of data and novel outcomes. This interdisciplinary programme will focus on Big Data in Life Sciences and will help explore the opportunities and challenges of handling big data in health care and imaging and will impart engineering approaches to problem solving in this emerging area.
UNIQUENESS OF THE PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMME IN BIG DATA BIOLOGY
- Interdisciplinary programme with courses that strengthen the computational, statistical and engineering components required to analyse large scale data in life sciences
- Courses handled by faculty from IBAB and IIIT-Bangalore and industry experts
- Integrated learning experience involving coursework and industry and research oriented project work
- Comprehensive curriculum comprising diverse areas in Data Science with applications in Life Sciences, including development of machine learning algorithms, genomics, imaging and image processing and clinical data analysis
- Extensive interaction with industry including mentoring and selected teaching by subject matter experts from industry
- 100% track record of placements of the two institutes and their established industry network
- Curriculum with a blend of computing and life sciences that will open opportunities in diverse areas
Record placements in the previous batches in leading industries with the highest salary of Rs 11.5 lakhs per annum. Details of student-wise placements of the second batch of PGDBDB to graduate will be available here.
Indian national with any of the following:
- B.E./B.Tech. or M.E./M.Tech. degree in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Biomedical Technology and other relevant branches of engineering and technology with a minimum of 60% in the qualifying examination
- M.Sc. degree in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Biochemistry/Biomedical Technology/Life Sciences and other equivalent programmes with a minimum of 60% in the qualifying examination.
Age Limit: 35 years
National level entrance examination followed by interview at IBAB (both online).
The funding for this programme is currently under the consideration of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. Students selected for the programme may be eligible to receive a scholarship, if approved by DBT.
Please contact email@example.com for details.
All fees can be paid through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. NEFT details are given below.
Name of the Account: Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology
Account No: 036005011787
Type of Account: Current Account
Name of the Bank : ICICI
Bank Branch: Electronic City
IFSC Code : ICIC0000360
DETAILS OF THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
The Entrance examination will consist of four sections:
- Verbal and Analytical Aptitude
- Programming and Computing Ability
- Life Sciences
Syllabus for Programming and Computing Ability
- Array technique/Array order reversal/Partitioning of arrays
- Dynamic data structure/Binary tree search/Linked list search
- Fundamental algorithm/ Generation of Fibonacci sequence/Summation of a set of numbers
- Recursive algorithm/Towers of Hanoi Problem
- Recursive algorithm/Quicksort
- Merging sorting and /Sorting by selection/binary search
Note : Questions in this section will test the candidate’s logic and not programming capabilities. This is to encourage students with non computing backgrounds.
|1||Application Start Date||7th December 2021|
|2||Deadline for Applications||10th January 2022|
|3||Date of online entrance examination||16th January 2022|
|4||Date of Interview (online)||21st – 22nd January 2022|
|5||Announcement of Selected Candidates||25th January 2022|