Applications are invited for the position of Project Assistant/Junior Research Fellow in the Structure biology of therapeutics target group at IBAB, Bengaluru (https://www.ibab.ac.in/urvashi-sharma/). The successful candidate will perform research on diverse research projects related to structure-function studies on proteins/enzymes involved in Mycobacterium tuberculosis cell wall biosynthesis. The position will be available for an initial period of six months and based on performance, is extendable until next two years.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills:
- Master’s Degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Life Sciences or related subjects with at least 60% of marks or 6.50 CGPA from a recognized university.
- Sound knowledge and hands on skills on molecular cloning, protein expression from E. coli or other expression hosts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Should be a team player and willing to learn new techniques.
Preference will be given if you have:
- Prior knowledge of protein purification using column chromatography methods (familiarity with FPLC/AKTA systems) and/or protein crystallization would be a plus point.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tool, homology modelling, molecular dynamics simulation if/any.
- Experience in any programming language such as UNIX, Python etc.
- CSIR/UGC NET, GATE, DBT-BINC eligibility will be an added advantage. Meritorious candidates will be eligible to enroll in the PhD program.
Remuneration will be commensurate with expertise and experience and as per institute’s policy.
Tenure: The position is purely temporary, renewable after every six months and extendable until September 2022 based on satisfactory performance.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can send a cover letter outlining their prior research experiences if/any, relevant skills, and a CV showing your education and research career so far, as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The last date for submission of application is September 10, 2020.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), based in Electronic City, Bangalore, is a unique institute engaged in education, research, and entrepreneur support programs. The mission of IBAB is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB has a unique master’s degree program with a dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology and an interdisciplinary PhD program. The institute has strong research programs in various disciplines as evidenced by the publication track of the Faculty. It has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting-edge research. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in.