Research positions in Synthetic Biology group at IBAB
Applications are invited for research positions (Project Assistant (PA)/Junior Research Fellow (JRF)) in Synthetic Biology group at the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), Bengaluru. Projects are available in the following areas:
1. Functional genomics of host-dengue virus interactions using CRISPR technology
2. Metabolic engineering and gene expression systems in yeast
The positions will be offered initially for 6 months and extended based on performance and satisfactory progress until the project funding is available. Meritorious candidates may be considered for PhD program based on suitability. The selected candidate will be provided accommodation in the IBAB hostel.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences and Skills:
- B.E/B.Tech (for PA), Master’s degree (M.Sc. OR equivalent for PA/JRF) in Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Genetics or related subjects with at least 65% of marks or 6.50 CGPA from a recognized university.
- Excellent hands-on skills in basic cell biology, biochemistry and molecular biology techniques. In addition, experience in cell culture techniques (for positions under category 1) is required.
- Experience of working in a research laboratory, ability to maintain accurate lab records and data analyses.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills, attention to detail, motivated, team player and willingness to learn.
Desirable Experiences and Skills:
- A minimum of 6 months research experience in the relevant area. Candidates having hands-on experience will be preferred.
- Experience of working in industry.
As per IBAB norms.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter outlining their motivation and a CV that clearly demonstrates the relevant practical expertise and skills as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email must include “Application for the post of ____ in the area of _____”. Last date for submission of application is 25th January, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
IBAB is an autonomous institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bengaluru. The institute offers a unique master degree program with dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology as well as an interdisciplinary PhD program. IBAB has strong research programs in various disciplines, has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting edge research. For more details visit www.ibab.ac.in/ and www.ibab.ac.in/niche-programmes/synthetic-biology/.