Applications are invited for research positions (Research Assistant (RA)/Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/Postdoctoral fellow (PDF)) in Synthetic Biology group at the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), Bengaluru. The projects available are in the areas of metabolic engineering, flux analyses, protein biochemistry and engineering. Candidates having relevant hands-on experience will be preferred. The position will be offered initially for 6 months and extended based on performance and satisfactory progress until the project funding is available. Meritorious candidates may be considered for PhD program based on suitability. The selected candidate will be provided accommodation in IBAB hostel.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences and Skills:
- B.E/B.Tech (for RA), Master’s degree (M.Sc. OR equivalent for RA/JRF) and PhD (for PDF) in Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Genetics or related subjects with at least 60% of marks or 6.50 CGPA from a recognized university.
- Excellent hands-on skills in maintenance of cell lines and transfection procedures, basic molecular biology techniques, protein purification methods and analytical methods such as GC and HPLC.
- Experience of working in a research laboratory, ability to maintain accurate lab records and data analyses.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills, motivated, team player and willingness to learn.
Desirable Experiences and Skills:
- Research experience appropriate to the post applied.
- Experience of working in industry.
As per IBAB norms.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter outlining their motivation and a CV that clearly demonstrates the relevant practical expertise and skills as a single pdf file to email@example.com. The subject line of the email must include “Application for the post of _______”. Last date for submission of application is 30th October, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
IBAB is an autonomous institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bengaluru. The institute offers a unique master degree program with dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology as well as an interdisciplinary PhD program. IBAB has strong research programs in various disciplines, has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting edge research. For more details visit www.ibab.ac.in/ and www.ibab.ac.in/niche-programmes/synthetic-biology/.