Applications are invited for the position(s) of Project Assistant and/or Senior Research Fellow in the Molecular Parasitology lab at IBAB, Electronic City, Bengaluru. The successful candidate(s) will work on diverse projects that involved the identification of novel modes of epigenetic and post-transcriptional gene regulation in the lethal malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum, developing forward genetic screens in P. falciparum using CRISPR/Cas technologies, and/or anti-malarial drug discovery. All of these projects use a combination of molecular biology, biochemical, cell biological, NGS and bioinformatics techniques. While training will be provided, candidates with relevant hands-on experience will be preferred. The position(s) will be offered initially for 6 months and extended based on performance and satisfactory progress until project funding is available. Meritorious candidates may be considered for a PhD position. The selected candidate(s) can avail on-campus accommodation.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree (M.Sc. OR equivalent) in Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Genetics or related subjects with at least 65% of marks or 7 CGPA from a recognized university.
- Prior experience of working in a research laboratory or industry (min. 6 months).
- Strong aptitude for laboratory work; should be detail-oriented and organised with the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to carry out maintenance of general laboratory equipment and resources.
- Basic IT skills that include familiarity with Microsoft Office packages and statistical data analyses; experience with programming and NGS analysis will be an added plus.
- Willingness to learn, and should be a team player.
- While not essential, hands-on experience in basic molecular biology techniques, maintenance of cell lines and transfection procedures, microscopy, spectrophotometry, protein purification and/or analytical methods such as HPLC is desirable.
As per IBAB norms.
Application deadline: 31st August, 2023
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are advised to visit the lab webpage (https://www.ibab.ac.in/research/shruthi-s-vembar/) and familiarise themselves with the ongoing research in the lab. Then, they should send a cover letter outlining their motivation and a CV that clearly demonstrates relevant practical expertise and skills as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Dr. Shruthi Vembar. The subject line of the email must include “Application for the post of PA/SRF”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
IBAB is an autonomous institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneurial support programs and is located in Electronic City, Bengaluru. The institute offers a unique master’s degree program with dual specialization in bioinformatics and biotechnology as well as an interdisciplinary PhD program. IBAB has strong research programs in various disciplines, excellent infrastructure and an environment suitable for cutting-edge research. For more details, visit https://www.ibab.ac.in/