Applications are invited for the position of Scientific Officer-in-charge of the Instrumentation Facilities (IF) at IBAB, Electronics city, Bengaluru. The successful candidate will:
- Manage the IF, including regular servicing, maintenance and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Organise the day-to-day activities of the facilities for optimum utilization; this will include coordination between IBAB researchers, incubatees and external users, and maintenance of a user registry.
- Organise periodic orientation programs for new researchers, students and other users in laboratory protocols and SOPs.
- Provide training on a regular basis for handling the equipment and safety awareness.
- Assist in various administrative matters including procurement and maintenance of inventory of laboratory material required for operation of the facilities.
- Demonstrate willingness to undergo requisite training for operations of new equipment.
This position will be initially for a period of one year, and subsequently extendable for additional periods based on performance
Essential Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills:
- PhD in Natural Sciences or relevant areas of Engineering with at least two years of working experience in an academic or research setting,
M.Tech./MSc. in Natural Sciences, Engineering, or Medical Technology, with a minimum of five years working experience in a research laboratory, of which at least two years should have been in a supervisory position.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment, and techniques used in life science research work.
- Experience in managing research instruments and laboratory resources.
- Ability to organize, communicate, teach, and work with others in an effective manner.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of work.
- Basic IT skills that include familiarity with Microsoft Office packages.
- Analytical thinking and good communication skills; Quick learner.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
Familiarity with operation and analysis of data from qPCR, HPLC, AKTA, GelDoc/ChemiDoc, Spectrophotometry, Spectroscopy, Fluorescence microscopy, FACS and NGS systems.
Remuneration: Remuneration will be commensurate with expertise and experience.
Method of Recruitment: Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal Interview
How to Apply:
Interested applicants fulfilling the criteria may send their detailed CV and a cover letter addressed to the Director that explains their suitability for this position, as a single merged PDF, to email@example.com. Please mention the position that you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Last date for submission of application is 31st March 2023.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is a unique institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronics City, Bangalore. IBAB’s mission is to catalyse the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB has a unique master’s degree program with dual specialization in Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology and an interdisciplinary PhD program. The institute has strong research programs in various disciplines such as Cancer Biology, Infectious Disease Biology, Synthetic Biology, Molecular Parasitology, Microbial Genomics, Structural Bioinformatics, Systems Biology, and Mathematical Biology as evident by the track record of well-trained and experienced faculty members. IBAB has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting edge research. For more details about IBAB, visit www.ibab.ac.in.