IBAB seeks to appoint a faculty member in the area of computational biology with a focus on genomics and analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data. The applicant should have an inclination to develop research programmes in genomics with a strong focus on genomic data analysis, and to develop algorithms and tools for the analysis of such data.
Primary responsibilities include
- Teaching genomics and NGS data analysis courses in the educational programmes of the Institute
- Conducting short-term training programmes in genomics and computational biology for students, researchers and faculty
- Developing strong, extramurally-funded and collaborative research programmes in genomics for biological and clinical data analysis
- Supporting institutional research and academic programmes, and participating actively in institutional activities
- Ph.D. in computational biology/genomics/bioinformatics
- Strong publication track-record relevant to genomics data analysis.
- Experience in scripting and implementation of algorithms in programming languages including Python, R, etc.
- Experience in the analysis of various Next Generation Sequencing data, including application of AI and ML
- Minimum of two years of post-doctoral/ industrial experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences
- Evidence of commitment to teaching and training
Remuneration: Remuneration will be commensurate with expertise and experience
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply with their CV (with the names and details of at least three relevant referees), a cover letter and details of the research programme they would like to initiate at IBAB to the Director, IBAB by email email@example.com on or before 31st December 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a teaching session for students, followed by a presentation of their research programme to the faculty of the Institute and a personal interview.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is a unique institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programmes and is based in Electronic City, Bangalore. IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB offers a distinctive master’s degree programme with dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology and a PG Diploma in Big Data Biology besides its interdisciplinary PhD and Post Doctoral programmes. An innovative Masters Programme in Big Data Biology is being initiated from the coming academic year. The objective of the programme is to train students in emerging areas of genomics, algorithms and the application of AI and ML for the analysis of biological and clinical data. The institute has strong research programmes in various disciplines, as evidenced by the publication track record of the faculty. It has an excellent infrastructure and an ambience suited for advanced research in the areas mentioned above. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in.