Applications are invited from motivated students for the position of Postdoctoral Fellow in a in the Synthetic Biology group at Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), Bengaluru. The successful candidate will work on CRISPR-based functional analyses of flavivirus host factors in human and Aedes cells which includes developing cell- based assays and generating transgenic mosquitoes. The position will be offered initially for 6 months and extended based on performance and satisfactory progress until the project funding is available. The selected candidate will be provided accommodation in IBAB hostel.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences and Skills:
- PhD in Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Genetics or related subjects from a recognized university.
- Relevant research experience and publications in the area of Molecular Biology/Cell Biology/Virology.
- Experience of working in a cell culture facility, excellent hands-on skills in culturing and maintenance of cell lines, transfection procedures and cell-based assays.
- Ability to maintain accurate lab records and data analyses, good organisational and lab management skills, team player and willingness to train & learn.
Desirable Experiences and Skills:
- Experience in virus-based assays, cloning methods, microscopy and FACS analyses.
- Experience of working in industry.
As per IBAB norms.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter outlining their motivation and a CV that clearly demonstrates the relevant practical expertise and skills as a single pdf file to email@example.com. Informal enquiries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date for submission of application is 27th August, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
IBAB is an autonomous institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bengaluru. The institute offers a unique master degree program with dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology as well as an interdisciplinary PhD program. IBAB has strong research programs in various disciplines, has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting edge research.