Applications are invited for the position of Senior Research Fellow in a DBT-funded research project in the Synthetic Biology group at Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), Bengaluru. The successful candidate will work on CRISPR-based functional analyses of arbovirus host factors in Aedes sp. which includes developing cell-based assays and generating transgenic mosquitoes. The position is available for a period of three years. The selected candidate will be provided accommodation in IBAB hostel.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences and Skills:
- Master’s degree (M.Sc. OR equivalent) in Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Genetics or related subjects with at least 60% of marks or 6.50 CGPA from a recognized university.
- Excellent hands-on skills in culturing and maintenance of cell lines, transfection procedures and basic molecular biology techniques.
- Experience of working in a cell culture facility, ability to maintain accurate lab records and data analyses.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills, motivated, team player and willingness to learn.
Desirable Experiences and Skills:
- Two years of research experience in the area of cell biology/molecular biology.
- Experience in virus-based assays, microscopy and FACS analyses.
- Experience of working in industry.
As per DBT norms. The fellowship will be extended following an annual review of the work and satisfactory progress.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter outlining their motivation and a CV that clearly demonstrates the relevant practical expertise and skills as a single pdf file to email@example.com. Informal enquiries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date for submission of application is 31st July, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
IBAB is an autonomous institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bengaluru. The institute offers a unique master degree program with dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology as well as an interdisciplinary PhD program. IBAB has strong research programs in various disciplines, has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting edge research. For more details visit www.ibab.ac.in and www.ibab.ac.in/research/sanjay-ghosh/