Dr. C. M. Gupta
Distinguished Professor (Hon.) & Infosys Chair
Research Focus Key Words
Protozoan parasites, Actin and actin binding proteins, Leishmania actin cell biology, Drug targeting, Nanoparticles as drug carriers
Medicinal & Bio-organic Chemistry, Membrane Biochemistry, Drug targeting, Parasite Molecular Cell Biology
Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, Agra University, Agra
- Research Associate (with Prof. H.G. Khorana), M.I.T., Cambridge, MA, U.S.A., 1975-1978
- Post-doctoral Fellow (with Dr.John G.Moffat), Inst. Mol. Biol., Syntex Research, Palo Alto, CA, U.S.A., 1973-1975
- Scientist, CDRI, Lucknow, 1978- 1992
- Visiting Scientist, M.I.T., Cambridge, MA, U.S.A., 1981
- Director, IMTech, Chandigarh, 1992-1997
- Director-Incharge, ITRC, Lucknow, 2005-2007
- Director, CDRI, Lucknow, 1997-2007
- Distinguished Biotechnologist, CDRI, Lucknow, 2007 –2009
Research Interest Profile
Published about 130 original papers and about 20 review articles/ book chapters detailing the contributions made in the above areas
- Rani Bajaj : Ph.D student
- Purna Sudha Bindu Ambaru : Ph.D student
- Dr. Raja : Post Doctoral fellow
- Dr. H. S. Subramanya
- Dr. S. Thiyagarajan
Dr. Gupta has published about 130 original papers and about 20 review articles/ book chapters. Recent publications include the following:
- Singh K,Veluru NK,Trivedi V, Gupta CM, Sahasrabuddhe AA (2014).
An actin-like protein is involved in regulation of mitochondrial and flagellar functions as well as in intramacrophage survival in Leishmania donovani. Mol Microbiol 91, 562-578.
- Gupta CM, Thiyagarajan, S, Sahasrabuddhe, AA (2015)
Unconventional actins and actin-binding proteins in human protozoan parasites. Int J Parasitol 45, 435-447.
- Srivastava R, Kajuluri, LP, Pathak, N, Gupta,CM, Sahasrabuddhe, AA (2015)
Oligomerization of Coronin : Implication on actin filament lengh in Leishmania. Cytoskeleton 72,621–632.
- Kumar, G, Kajuluri, L, Gupta, CM, Sahasrabuddhe, AA (2016)
A Twinfilin-like protein coordinates karyokinesis by influencing mitotic spindle elongation and DNA replication in Leishmania. Mol Microbiol 100,173-187.
- Nayak AR, Karade SS, Srivastava VK, Rana AK, Gupta CM, Sahasrabuddhe AA, Pratap JV. (2016)
Structure of Leishmania donovani coronin coiled coil domain reveals an antiparallel 4 helix bundle with inherent asymmetry. J Struct Biol. 195, 29-38. doi: 10.1016/j.jsb.2016.02.020.
- Kalaimathi Murugesan,* Jinsha Koroth, Padma Priya, Amrita Singh, Sanjana Mukundan, Subhas S Karki, Bibha Choudhary, Chhitar M Gupta.,
Effects of green synthesised Silver nanoparticles (ST06-AgNPs) using curcumin derivative (ST06) on human cervical cancer cells (HeLa) in vitro and EAC tumor bearing mice models. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2019, Manuscript under review (Impact factor 5.1) Corresponding author